Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Worst Episode

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Postby bob » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm really enjoying this forum, I think because it is pulling at a number of my emotional heart strings.

I am playing catch-up with a number of reviews but most from series 5 onwards.

Happy Birthday to you all !!!!!

Another B*****y posting Rian !!!!

Got to go back to work

ARRGHHHH!"!!!

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby thatsthatthen » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:02 pm

Wow Bob I thought that would get a response from you...

...but how many heart strings do you have?
:wink:

And what do you mean all the reviews awaiting your html wizardry catching up-ness are from series five?

Didn't I send you a review in April for all my all-time favourite episode The Bird? It's not been listed yet.

Every day I check and every day I leave, a dejected soul with the threat of a tear in my eye...
:cry:

Just how far behind are you?!!
:shock:

and p.s. ... this forum is fab
Who did she think she was?
thatsthatthen

Postby thrupnybit » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:20 pm

This forum IS fab, agreed! :D

Yeah go on Bob, give us a tune on your heart strings, quick chorus of 'hearts and flowers'??

Thatsthatthen...a dejected soul with tear in eye... ohh you poor old devil! :wink:
Russ

'Why would I want to touch your thrupnybits for, I got thrupnybits o... of me own...'
thrupnybit

Postby bob » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 am

Nobody understands what it is like to be a tortured soul !!!

I do have a number of reviews to post. About 5, including one from Graham that is almost 2 years old !!

That isn't normal, i just overlooked it. No wonder Graham dosn't post any more reviews. I will try to publish The Bird later this week.

I still can't believe nobody has reviwed "Magnificent Men" I wonder if our phantom voter feels tempted to send one ?

I really have been very busy and it is so frustrating that I can’t give the site as much time as I would like.

It has been great reading all your comments (even yours Ryan, I was only joking !!) I’m just frustrated that I can’t do more at the moment.

Its really nice that we have some regular posters and I feel that we can discuss a number of issues in depth.

Anyway I have to go and wallow in my self misery.

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby Rian » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:23 am

well i dont quite know what to say for once lol
thanks for the birthday message,and yes im loving all the new members :D
Rian

worst episode

Postby harold » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:35 pm

bob thanx for all you do for the forum you have my support mate
harold

Postby PhilGlass » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:08 pm

I guess it's hard to answer this without making an enemy, but what a great topic for thought!

I would have to vote for: 'Come Dancing'.

I first really discovered this through the series 6 dvd and I was very disappointed. I thought there was finally one I didnt remember but there is just something about it - we have some new camera shots that just dont seem to work for me and the begininning monologue by Harold just seems a little forced...

But it still has some genius moments, though I think the punchline was too predictable, not as sophisticated as some of the others. I'm not saying the episode it rubbish, just my least favourite and therefore the worst in my opinion.
PhilGlass

Postby bob » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:41 pm

PhilGlass you're a bad man !!!

That's one of my favourites ..... along with 56 others !!!

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Bob!!

They're all good. I agree!! But if I had to pick...

Don't hate me, Bob!! lol
PhilGlass

Postby Mangore » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Hello, I am a new member, loved Steptoe for many years :D

Worst episode? And Afterwards At, maybe, because it was somewhat out of context.

One or two other less than credible episodes in my view;

Two's Company. Albert falling for Harold's old flame stretches the bounds of credibility somewhat.

Pilrgim's Progress. Not very funny, in my view.

Greif, my first post and it's focsed on relatively negitive points, hope I'll be excused :?
Mangore

Postby PhilGlass » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:34 pm

:shock: Pilgrim's Progress?? That's one of the best! Especially the bit on the plane!!

That's the great thing about Steptoe, there's something for everybody and we all like to hear diverse views. I remember comenting on some 'Only Foos and Horses' forums a few years back,a nd a topic like this would never exist - one word out of place and your email box was full of abuse for the enxt 6 months.

At least with Septoe fans we can all discuss these things. I have already said my least fave would be 'Come Dancing', but I would also add 'The Seven Steptoeria' on there aswell. But NEITHER of tese are bad episodes - each one has some classic moments!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Rian » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:41 pm

yes i love the bit on the plane i think thats the best bit of the episode Phil
Rian

Postby britcoms » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:24 pm

People go on about Back in Fashion but actually I think the whole episode works, particularly the misunderstanding with 'Arrold in his sunglasses and the models, particularly the very fine Madaleine, thinking he is blind.

The weakest episode in my view? Probably The Seven Steptoerai, but it's still entertaining. The Piano from the 60s episodes doesn't really go anywhere, but it's a decent enough character piece, picking up on the nosiness of the old man.
britcoms

Postby Mangore » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 pm

britcoms wrote:People go on about Back in Fashion but actually I think the whole episode works, particularly the misunderstanding with 'Arrold in his sunglasses and the models, particularly the very fine Madaleine, thinking he is blind.

The weakest episode in my view? Probably The Seven Steptoerai, but it's still entertaining. The Piano from the 60s episodes doesn't really go anywhere, but it's a decent enough character piece, picking up on the nosiness of the old man.

I agree. Back in Fashion was slow to start, but I thought hilarious when it got going.

What I consider to be the weaker Steptoe episodes are only considered by myself to be weak comparatively. There was never a "really" unentertaining episode on the whole.
Mangore

Postby Jojo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:01 pm

One I skip by is normally 'Tea For Two'. Politics & comedy don't mix.
up yer pipe!
Jojo

PreviousNext

Return to The knobs are on my side