Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

My Special Steptoe DVD Project

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

My Special Steptoe DVD Project

Postby PhilGlass » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 am

Right Guys...

I have started moving forward on putting together a not-for-profit Collector's dvd of some of the unreleased Steptoe material, just for us die-hard fans. Buit I still need eveyone's help...

I have thge Ken Dodd sketch much improved and also a very high quality full uncut video recording of the Royal variety sketch, as well as some other odds and sods, but I still need to find some other itneresting footage - my associate and I are happy to share what we have with you all, free of charge, but in order to make it happen, we need to do just that: SHARE.

So if you have ANY special Harry /Wilf / Steptoe footage, send me a message. If we can't find any more, the project can not go ahead.

Specifically I would love to hear from anyone who has the Kenco Advert in good quality (not downloaded from youtube!) as well as anything remotely related which you think is of itnerest to other fans.

I would really like to make this happen as I know many of you would love a professional DVD of this stuff in brilliant quality.

All help will be greatfully received and acknowledged. This should be a project BY the fans and FOR the fans - let's show the BBC a thing or two!

Phil.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Rian » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:18 am

He Phil im so pleased about the dvd although im no good as i have no footage whatsoever

Will the dvd be on the website ? :D
Rian

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:19 pm

If it ever happens (people do not seem to want to share, yet expect others to...) then it will be made available to fans. So many wonderful steptoe moments 0ut there!
PhilGlass

Postby Rian » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:35 pm

aww im so sorry i dont have anything
have you spoke to Bob
Rian

Postby PhilGlass » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Things are starting to come together, so watch this space!!
PhilGlass

Postby thatsthatthen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi Phil

Will it be a DVD for the telly or PC?

If the latter - do you want an .avi of Rattle of a Simple Man?
What about The Moles (that daft and terribly predictable episode of Tales of the Unexpected)?
And Lust - H's actually quite amusing 20mins in The Magnificent Seven Deadly Sins?

If I have time this weekend I'm going to try and make an .avi of the Bargee - would you be interested in that if it's a success?

I know they're not Steptoe. I've not been collecting for very long.
Most fans will have this stuff probably.

Well I thought I'd ask anyway.
Who did she think she was?
thatsthatthen

Postby PhilGlass » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:40 am

Thatsthatthen

It will be a DVD for the telly, but I am a professional DVD author so I can take footage from a computer, don't worry!!

It was originally only Steptoe, but there is a high interest in Harry's (and Wilf's) other work, so I may be doing both - it will be only distributed to those real die hard fans, not distributed for profit!!

I would love what you have, partly for my personal consumption but also for this magnificent project. Please email me at therealcharro@live.co.uk and we can discuss it.

I appreciate your kindness and through various sources I have a lot of interesting content so each contributor will be rewarded by the rest of the DVD which they might not have seen!!

Give me an email and I'll tell you how to get it to me!!

Phil
PhilGlass

Postby thatsthatthen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:43 pm

Hey Phil

I wasn't casting doubt on your ability in the DVD authoring department - far form it!
I was just concerned about space, getting all the footage onto the one DVD and the amount of work for you.

So yeah - will contact you by email.
Who did she think she was?
thatsthatthen

Postby PhilGlass » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 am

thatsthatthen wrote:Hey Phil

I wasn't casting doubt on your ability in the DVD authoring department - far form it!
I was just concerned about space, getting all the footage onto the one DVD and the amount of work for you.

So yeah - will contact you by email.

Hi TTT

I wasn't implying you were!! I have replied to your message, thanks! As for length, space etc, there are several options still being explored - once the footage has been sourced (most of it has) then those decisions will be made.

I have been very pleased with all the support from fellow Steptoe fans, this is definitely going to happen and should be a treat for everybody!!
PhilGlass

Postby Rian » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Aw i so cant wait for this Phil im really excited :D
Rian

Postby charlie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:37 pm

hi everyone , A Big three cheers for Phil,i wish i could help.!
My Muvver was a school teacher....!
charlie

Postby charlie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:41 pm

Hey Phil..Just remembered i have all the radio episodes on mp3 (disc) any help..?
My Muvver was a school teacher....!
charlie

Postby PhilGlass » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:37 pm

charlie wrote:Hey Phil..Just remembered i have all the radio episodes on mp3 (disc) any help..?

Thanks for the kind offer but I have that too, thanks!! Much appreciated tho.
PhilGlass

Postby bob » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:34 am

Hello everyone

Sorry for my silence I have been away.

Phil, what a great idea the DVD is, I guess you are working closely with Pixel as he seems to have a lot of rare stuff (contradiction in terms, but you know what I mean).

I have the old Glaton and Simpson intro’s used on some videos, and I think on video tape (somewhere) is an Alan Simpson intro to “Come Dancing” I may even find other things.

I have the Oil Drum Lane programme which I could digitise, if you think it would be of interest.

I’ll also put a feature on the home page as I do get lots of enquiries from casual visitors who don’t always visit the forum.

Good luck.

P.S. The is a several part Elvis documentary starting tonight on BBC6, I know you are a fan.
bob
Site Admin

Postby PhilGlass » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:58 am

Bob

I have sent you an email about this before I noticed this. THANK YOU! Much appreciated.

The content you have sounds wonderful and very interesting - it doesn't matter how short or 'clippy' people's footage is - things can always be put together 'docu' style if necessary.

Your intros from Ray and Alan would be wonderful - these were from the old video releases?? Wonderful!

The Oil Drum program would be excellent too.

If you check your emails and send a reply I will give you my address to send things too.

Phil
PhilGlass

Next

Return to The knobs are on my side