Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

My Special Steptoe DVD Project

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Postby Jojo » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:48 pm

PhilGlass wrote:This is on it's way to the first few people very soon but a medical issue has delayed me a little. Jojo, nice to see you're from Teesside I grew up there!!

Still as smoggy as ever, mate.
up yer pipe!
Jojo

Postby thatsthatthen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:49 pm

Aww Phil I just read that you've been ill :(
Hope you're on the mend now.
Who did she think she was?
thatsthatthen

Postby taylorslade » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:55 am

Hi guys...new here but just wanted to know how to obtain one of these DVD's. I realise I will be waaayyy at the back of the line but as long as i'm IN the line I'm happy :D
"Big Bristols , she had."
--Come dancing.
taylorslade

Postby bob » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:26 am

I just wanted to let you all know Phil has sent me a copy of the DVD and CD. Fantastic !!!

I can't tell you how good it is. He has done a wonderful special features section where songs from Wilf and Harry are brought to life with a series of photos. With Phil's permission I may post them on the site.

I have written to Phil to thank him, but it would be wrong not to acknowledge on the forum just what an excellent job he has done.

Also special thanks to all those who provided material.
Last edited by bob on Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
bob
Site Admin

Postby THE VICAR » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:54 pm

" thats ok i was happy to share my steptoe stuff with phil and now the rest of you . nick :D
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Postby THE VICAR » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:19 pm

" hello phil well what can i say mate thank you thank you for the assorted rags dvd that you have made this is good very good. im honoured you used some of my clips and all my stuff i sent you for the cd much better on cd than tape i hope every one else will enjoy. have you enough to make another one ive rattle of a simple man and floods of fear on video if you want them phil. im going to watch it for a 4th time later well done mate all the best nick. i wish id had all that 1981 dick emray christmas show with harry in i got shoestring with harry in not so long a go off the tv i wish theyed bring it out on dvd. and id foregoten id got citzen smith with wilfrid in as the left man. perhaps his last tv work nick.
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi Nick,

Glad you liked it.

My next project (for 2009) is a DVD collection of Harry's guest appearances - I already have Rattle and since this is commercially available will not be used but I already have a lot of his stuff but anything you wish to include you can happily send (I took the Dick Emery special from the video you sent me, that is ready and waiting!!).

The Wilfrid footage would be great too. His VERY last appearance is commercially available - it is part of the Terence Davies Trilogy DVD (though there is no credit of any of the actors on the cover!!). But the other footage would be great. Basically, if fans are interested in seeing it I will happily compile it and produce it.

I will let you know if I can send you another once all copies required have been sent out, I should think it would be fine.

Thanks again Nick. Glad you're happy with the CD recordings, this is all your contributions.

ANYONE WHO IS WAITING... I DO have a list of those already promised, I just need time to get around to sending them all - you will receive them, please be patient. Thanks
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:55 pm

PS.

Bob, I didn't receive anything you wrote to me, just so you know (didn';t want you to think I was rude in not thanking you!)

I appreciate the thanks and you may use the pic compilations for the site if you wish, it would be a pleasure to see them on here!
PhilGlass

Postby PhilGlass » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Got your letter Bob, thank you for your kindness, I have sent a private message through this forum about the webpage!!

Phil
PhilGlass

Postby callous_little_bleeder » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:49 am

Now this is very interesting to me as I was highly disappointed with the lack of extras of The Complete Steptoe & Son DVD set. I at least expected maybe a couple of commentaries and a few tidbits. So whats the full list of 'extras' on this? I would be really interested in acquiring the DVD.
callous_little_bleeder

Postby PhilGlass » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi

DUE TO A HIGH DEMAND THESE ARE TAKING A WHILE TO DISTRIBUTE - I am also very busy at work at the moment but I WILL get around to it - PLEASE be patient....

Thanks.
PhilGlass

Postby Chevy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:47 am

Hello I would be like to know if it is possible for me to be put on the waiting list for this Terrific set, i am from melbourne australia and would absolutely love it if somebody could help me obtain these historic recordings.
Thanks
Chevy

Postby bob » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:44 am

Weclome Chevy

Phil G is the man to help, but he may require something in exchange.

Colour recordings from the Australian television arvhives would be a good start.

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby charlie » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi all,Yes so would i but i havn't got anyting to offer.Maybe 4000 sets of false teeth perhaps....or some cracked willow pattern plates..?
My Muvver was a school teacher....!
charlie

Postby Chevy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:01 am

hello i've just been whatching some of my Beatles Footage relating to the royal variety and in some of the newsreel footage i noticed some footage of Harry and Wilfred that appears to be from backstage. i have never seen this before and was wondering if any one else was awareof this.
Chevy

PreviousNext

Return to The knobs are on my side