Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

My Special Steptoe DVD Project

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Postby bob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:20 am

Hi Chevy

The Beatles were on the bill the same night Harry and Willy appeared in the Royal Variety Performance.

John Lennon's famous into was something like "For our last number, I'd like to ask your help. The people in the cheaper seats clap your hands. And the rest of you, just rattle your jewelry".
bob
Site Admin

Postby Chevy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:16 am

yes i am aware of there appearance on the show but the fotage i am speaking of doesn't appear to be from that it looks as thought it had been filmed backstage or somewhere it is only 10-20 secs long.
Chevy

Postby Jojo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Is there still a big demand for this set, Phil? I've not recieved mine yet. Looks good, from what I've seen on here.
up yer pipe!
Jojo

Postby PhilGlass » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Jojo - sorry I am extremely behind - having health issues again and trouble at work - EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN PROMISED - I AM GETTING ONTO THESE.... Honestly... so so so sorry for making you wait....
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby bob » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi Phil

Nice to see you back on the board again. I hope things arn't to bad for you. Send me a PM if you like and we can have a cyber chat.

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby kevukuk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 pm

hi all,
any chance of putting my name down for a copy?
its been months since i was on the forum,i was quite ill last year and then my pc packed up.
on the mend now tho,and got a brand spankin new pc,good to catch upwith all the news.
god save albert & harold!!
kevukuk

Postby THE VICAR » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:42 am

hello phil have a good easter mate any news on the other dvd youre going to do yet ? nick
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Postby PhilGlass » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your words.. I'm back now, back online and in good health.

All those so far promised a copy, I will get onto it asap.

Nick, I am still waiting for more footage for my next projerct - The Harry H. Corbett Collection.

Anyone who may have anything to contribute no matter how small, or insignificant, please get in touch.

Nothing I do is for profit, I have had previous work from another interest of mine ripped off, which was a shame. All contributors gave their footage for free, anyone from Assorted Ragsd too could have stuck it on ebay and made a killing, but being the nice people Steptoe fans are, everyone agreed to share, this is why I ask for footage in return.

Its good to be totting again!

Phil
PhilGlass

Hello!!

Postby ianb » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm a new forum member from Gloucestershire in the UK. I am a huge fan of the golden era of British TV Comedy - the 70s. I was born in 1971 so can remember as a young child being scared of the old man (Brambell) when I first saw him without his teeth on the TV!! Love Steptoe, Porridge, Dads Army, Only Fools & Horses and the Carry On Films. They are what makes Britain great!! Would love a copy of the DVD/CD you have produced at some stage. Keep up the good work - this site is excellent.
ianb

Postby tavbet » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi Phil

Sounds like a great job!

Well done Phil and all the contributors.

Would love a copy of the DVD. In exchange I can offer a programme from the World Premiere of Murder in Oil Drum Lane from the Theatre Royal York signed by Ray Galton and John Antrobus.

Phil PM me if interested.

Regards
Tav
tavbet

Postby bob » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 pm

I'd take the offer Phil.

If Phil dosn't want it Tavbet, I'll have it, otherwise I'll delete your account !!!! Only joking !

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby Pink Ones » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:32 pm

Any chance I could pick up a copy of this? I'll bung you a couple o' quid for one, course!
Pink Ones

Postby PhilGlass » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 am

Pink Ones

I'm afraid the DVD set is not for sale, no money is to change hands. It is available on a trade only basis, for other Harry / Wilfrid / Steptoe / Galton and Simpson footage / audio which can be shared amongst those who contributed.

If you have anything AT ALL which you might think is of interest then send me a private message and we can discuss this!!

Phil Glass
PhilGlass

Previous

Return to The knobs are on my side