Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Buckingham Palace

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Buckingham Palace

Postby bob » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:18 am

One of the ITV digital TV stations has been running a “Best of the Royal Variety” series.

The title is a bit misleading as no act is really shown at any great length; it’s more a documentary with famous people adding anecdotes with brief clips of the acts used to link the thing together.

On an edition about comedy, Roy Hudd refers to the Steptoe appearance and a small clip is shown, (I’ll try to post a copy later on).

I had always wondered if this was still available. I had hoped it was because it’s the same performance where John Lennon uttered his famous “Rattle your jewellery” request.

I think I will put a new page about the Buckingham Palace sketch. I may even include an audio recording. (it’s no longer available commercially).

Does anybody know if it is possible to get a DVD recording of the Royal Variety performance? It would make an excellent extra on one of the DVD releases.
bob
Site Admin

Postby bob » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:02 am

I have now created a page featuring the Buckingham Palace sketch. I will update the menus tomorrow so you can see it.

I have decided to put an audio file on it so that those who have never heard it can do so.

The page looks a little drab, and a picture or two would not go amiss. Help please does anybody have a picture of Steptoe at the Royal Variety Show that I can use please.
bob
Site Admin

Postby Archie » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:50 pm

Loved the Buck Ouse sketch :lol:

It will be great if it comes out on one of the DVD collections :P
Archie

I have uploaded that performance on youtube

Postby Patrick_Steptoe_Lover » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:26 pm

I uploaded the performance with Harry H and Wilfrid on youtube a while ago it is shown on my site near the bottom and has a link to the youtube page I uploaded it on...If you want to look or if you want I could put the URL to it on here
Patrick_Steptoe_Lover

Postby Rian » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:22 pm

Great Website
Rian

Return to The knobs are on my side