Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Life after Steptoe - In Pictures

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:56 am

PhilGlass wrote:One more for you...

I know the quality of this pic is pretty naff but to my knowledge it is the only picture / shot of this available...

This is from Wilfrid's 1970 sitcom 'Never Say Die'. This ran for just one series and was set in a hospital. Wilfrid played a cantankerous old man called... Albert.

My research told me that the part was written especially for him. I am trying to find out more about this show, I have seen all there is on the net but there is v. little. If anyone knows anything I would love to hear from them!!

I know it's small, making it bigger made it unusable. But still one for the die hard fans!!!

Set in the Emmott Robinson Ward of the Victoria Memorial Hospital. GB, Yorkshire TV Tx ITV part-networked 4/8/70 - 8/9/70

Would obviously love to see "Never Say Die" eventually - although we’ll have to be content with just 4 of the original 6 episodes, as episodes 3:' The Party' and 4: 'The Criminal' are missing. Typical...
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Postby PhilGlass » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Wayne

Thanks for that. I knew the TX and that Freemantle have the series but I was unaware that 2 episodes were missing. I am not surprised though...

But as you know, things get 'found'. So hopefully one day we can have the whole series.

We live in hope...
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Previous

Return to The knobs are on my side