Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Re: Sex Pistols connection

Postby BLAKESCREWE » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Hardly Punk though is it? SELL OUT!!! :D :D
She`s twisted me out of a tanner!
BLAKESCREWE

Postby THE VICAR » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:55 am

"my era stil go to punk gigs now love to have seen albert with spiky hair and harold with a safty pin in his nose steptoe has been in tune with youth culture as mods and skinheads get metioned in steptoe yes love the sex pistols to long live steptoe and punk nick :D
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Time to revive this topic, we just wish it were for happier reasons :roll:.
The public burning of "£5 Millions" worth of punk memorabilia on the Thames by a couple of unfathomably wealthy fashion designers, declaring “punk is dead!” from a moored barge (providing convenient access to photographers) while grinning so widely you can count their teeth...rather than auctioning the items and donating the money to charity at a time when poverty, disease and homelessness are skyrocketing not just in the UK but worldwide...
...ranks among the most obnoxious acts of juvenile self-aggrandizement since Nero and Agrippinilla.
But their preposterous hoax and subsequent mass media portrayal does provide an important case study in psychopathy, both human and corporate, that needs to be not just documented but thoroughly ridiculed as well. The unsubstantiated claim that ‘punk is dead’ has long been a recurring theme from those who hope to profit by it. A patent deceit that got old a very long time ago, is a grotesque falsehood and self-perpetuating oversimplification.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Previous

Return to The knobs are on my side