Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Harry and Wilfrid - Rare TV interview from Australia...

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Harry and Wilfrid - Rare TV interview from Australia...

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:33 pm

I thought you all might like these!! Some pictures from a television interview in 1977 given by Harry and Wilfrid in Australia, promoting the Australian show...

Image Image Image

There is a full write up of the interview and many more pictures here http://www.harryandwilf.co.uk/Australian_interview.html

Sorry, this isn't just a plug!! On the page they are watermarked, here they are without it just for you lot!!

Enjoy!!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby bob » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:08 am

Hi Phil

Thanks for the posting.

Was the the infamous Breakfast Tv interview where Willy let rip with an expletive !!
bob
Site Admin

Postby PhilGlass » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:00 pm

bob wrote:Hi Phil

Thanks for the posting.

Was the the infamous Breakfast Tv interview where Willy let rip with an expletive !!

It's not the one you're thinking of, no, but it is breakfast TV and he uses the word Arse.

Also, when he is asked how Albert would feel about Australia, he talks about the women, saying they are 'enormous' and 'look like Joan Sutherland but don't sound nearly as good' - but as he is speaking in his own voice, not Alberts, a ripple of disapproval comes from the audience as it sounds like he has clearly just insulted all Australian women - it is hard to tell what he actually meant. Later he does a bit in ALbert's voice which kind of makes you think he was joking, but if not, good old Wilfrid was being himself again!!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Return to The knobs are on my side