Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Colorise Steptoe and Son !

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Re: Colorise Steptoe and Son !

Postby stephen68 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 am

I think it should left as it is and no colourisation, the Laurel and Hardy films were totally ruined by colour if something aint broke don't fix it
Thick as a donkey's dongler
stephen68

Postby PhilGlass » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:43 pm

stephen68 wrote:I think it should left as it is and no colourisation, the Laurel and Hardy films were totally ruined by colour if something aint broke don't fix it

In reference to the original colour episodes that are now in black and white one could argue they are broken. I agree the laurel and hardy ones were shocking to say the least, but they were also the first mass produced ones. Anything made in black and white should not be colourised, but I was talking about things made in colour now only in black and white.

Personally I think yes, let's leave them, but if it's that or nothing...

I agree Bob. They have footage of Hitler in colour from the 40's. Surely an episode of Steptoe isn't too much to ask!!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby stephen68 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:47 pm

With that i am in complete agreement, my point was't put across as it should have sounded
Thick as a donkey's dongler
stephen68

Postby stuart » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:03 pm

I was interested in reading that Susannah Corbett said that the colour episodes were repeated right up until the mid eighties. Can anyone confirm this?

I remember the bbc always used to repeat the same ones (divided..., men of letters, loathe story etc). I can't recall ever seeing series 6 episodes and I only remember seeing occasional episodes of series 8. I only recall seeing Seance.. on video, never off the telly.
stuart

Previous

Return to The knobs are on my side