Page 71 of 73

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:29 am
by Uncle Nobby
Uncle Nobby wrote:
Sorry more rude words VAT (Value Added Tax, not Vodka and Tonic).

Q: Harold has to pay Frankie Barrow £15 for the insurance premium and 8% VAT, but Frankie settles for a quid. If we say that today Harold still pays £15, what would the amount of VAT be?


Nearly a week and no takers. The UK's VAT is 20%.

A: £3.

Q: How much was the fine that Harold had to pay for striking a Policeman?

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:21 pm
by Dirty Old Yank
Uncle Nobby wrote:Q: How much was the fine that Harold had to pay for striking a Policeman?

30 bob’s worth of knickers and bras :shock:.
Good thing he wasn't the same copper from “Any Old Iron?”, might've held a grudge :o.

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:07 am
by Uncle Nobby
Dirty Old Yank wrote:
Uncle Nobby wrote:Q: How much was the fine that Harold had to pay for striking a Policeman?

30 bob’s worth of knickers and bras :shock:.
Good thing he wasn't the same copper from “Any Old Iron?”, might've held a grudge :o.


Correct DOY.

Your go! :)

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:40 am
by Dirty Old Yank
Cheers Nobby :o.

How much does Albert weigh?
.....without his crate of milk of course :wink:.

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:37 pm
by Uncle Nobby
"That's a What the Butler saw machine!"

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:47 am
by Dirty Old Yank
Hint: the answer we’re looking for, Albert’s actual weight, won't be found in any episode.

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:21 am
by Dirty Old Yank
Been nearly a week now so maybe somebody else would like a go.
Albert’s weight is a mere 7.5 stone (Ride Again).
David Kelly would’ve been a good candidate to play Albert, he was short and thin as a nail too :o.

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:14 am
by Uncle Nobby
Dirty Old Yank wrote:Been nearly a week now so maybe somebody else would like a go.
Albert’s weight is a mere 7.5 stone (Ride Again).
David Kelly would’ve been a good candidate to play Albert, he was short and thin as a nail too :o.


Nice question there, not found in any episode but found in a film :lol:

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:15 pm
by Dirty Old Yank
Uncle Nobby wrote:Nice question there, not found in any episode but found in a film :lol:

If it's all that funny Nobby I’ll ask a hard question next time :wink:.
Harold often sarcastically referred to Albert’s size and weight.
But as far as I know, only in Ride Again was Albert’s actual weight revealed.
Your go if you like, or anyone else :o.

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:58 pm
by Dirty Old Yank
If nobody else is gonna ask a question, here’s a new one :)...
Harold can’t see Nureyev dance because Albert is watching a horror movie :shock:.
What’s the title of the movie?

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:40 pm
by Uncle Nobby
Dirty Old Yank wrote:If nobody else is gonna ask a question, here’s a new one :)...
Harold can’t see Nureyev dance because Albert is watching a horror movie :shock:.
What’s the title of the movie?


Which title the Horror movie or the Nureyev thing on BBC 2? That was according to Albert Les Siffles which should be Les Siffleurs.

I'll have to have another shufti as The Knobs are on his side.

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:13 am
by Dirty Old Yank
Uncle Nobby wrote:Which title the Horror movie or the Nureyev thing...

We’re looking for the title of the horror movie Albert is watching, not the ballet.
Hint: there was a Hammer film with a very similar title the previous year, 1971.

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:43 am
by Dirty Old Yank
Been a week so somebody else should have a go :).
In Divided We Stand the horror movie Albert watches is “Blood of the Ripper”.
The 1971 Hammer picture was titled Hands of the Ripper.

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:41 am
by Uncle Nobby
Q: Whats wrong with the Football Pools dividend in Rides Again?

Re: Steptoe Quiz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:22 am
by Dirty Old Yank
Uncle Nobby wrote:Q: Whats wrong with the Football Pools dividend in Rides Again?

Does your question refer to the two-stories-high Vernons sign on the side of 26a Oil Drum Lane?
In “Ride Again” much of the sign isn’t visible and I don’t gamble, so here’s a wild guess.....
The sum decreased from the first movie, in one year, by 80,000 quid, difficult not to notice that.