Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Other actor's

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Re: Other actor's

Postby Archie » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:16 pm

Henry Wolf was also in The Ruttles - a spoof of the Beatles.

He had a non speaking role as Arthur Sultan the Surrey mystic :o

I saw him in an episode of The Sweeney as well, he played the caretaker at a football ground.
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
User avatar
Archie
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:40 pm
Location: Largs Ayrshire Coast

Re: Other actor's

Postby Uncle Nobby » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:22 pm

He also presented Words and Pictures.
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Other actor's

Postby Uncle Nobby » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Tom Jones wrote:
Dirty Old Yank wrote:The characters of Daphne and George, from "Steptoe and Son - and Son!" were 'reprised' in a third series episode of Rising Damp, "That's My Boy." Ann Beach returns, has wed her merchant marine and has had her baby but Glynn Edwards is replaced by David Daker.


Just on Glynn Edwards I’m surprised no one has mentioned him as Dave the barman in Minder.


Also aswell as the other actors mentioned, he was in Zulu!
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Other actor's

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Archie wrote:Henry Wolf was also in The Ruttles - a spoof of the Beatles.
He had a non speaking role as Arthur Sultan the Surrey mystic :o

The Rutles “All You Need Is Cash”, still hilarious after all these years :o.
Arthur Sultan is what might happen if Frankie Barrow got hold of some illicit substance that had gone off, I dunno, Marmite or something :roll:. That long coat, hands in pockets, bare feet and sandals make Woolf look like a flasher, one of those people that like hugging a little too much :?. He also plays a madman in the film of RSC’s production of “Marat/Sade” (1967). Musicals can be tedious exercises, but Marat/Sade is excellent, recommended. Has anyone mentioned Diana Dors yet? "Theatre of Blood" and "From Beyond the Grave" are a few favorites :D.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
User avatar
Dirty Old Yank
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: A laundrette on the South Col

Re: Other actor's

Postby Uncle Nobby » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:11 pm

The welshman that played the butcher in Steptoe and Son Ride Again was also a teacher in Please Sir.

Also did anyone notice that one of Frankie Barrow's heavies in Seven Steptoari(sp?) was Melvyn Hayes from It 'Aint Arf Hot Mum?
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Other actor's

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Uncle Nobby wrote:The welshman that played the butcher in Steptoe and Son Ride Again was also a teacher in Please Sir. Also did anyone notice that one of Frankie Barrow's heavies in Seven Steptoari(sp?) was Melvyn Hayes from It 'Aint Arf Hot Mum?

Richard Davies is that Welshman. Are you sure Melvin Hayes was one of Frankie's mob? He isn't listed in the Steptoerai credits which appears to be comprised of only the stunt players, I could be mistaken. Just discovered that Hayes also played the young Peter Cushing in "The Curse of Frankenstein", another classic :o.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
User avatar
Dirty Old Yank
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: A laundrette on the South Col

Re: Other actor's

Postby Uncle Nobby » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Well it certainly looked like him!

I'll have to have another butchers.
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Other actor's

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:53 am

Uncle Nobby wrote:Well it certainly looked like him!
I'll have to have another butchers.

Are you thinking of the chap that wraps a huge chain around his fingers? Looks a bit like him, you may be right.
As if a chain would help, another one of those absurd “hollywood” fight sequence conceits: attempt it and the bones are shattered. The only folks I recognize, other than Harry and Wilfrid of course, are Bill Weston and Vic Armstrong, legends in the stunt community :).
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
User avatar
Dirty Old Yank
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: A laundrette on the South Col

Re: Other actor's

Postby Uncle Nobby » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Dirty Old Yank wrote:
Uncle Nobby wrote:Well it certainly looked like him!
I'll have to have another butchers.

Are you thinking of the chap that wraps a huge chain around his fingers? Looks a bit like him, you may be right.
As if a chain would help, another one of those absurd “hollywood” fight sequence conceits: attempt it and the bones are shattered. The only folks I recognize, other than Harry and Wilfrid of course, are Bill Weston and Vic Armstrong, legends in the stunt community :).

Yes, the one with the blond hair. I watched it again this afternoon and it wasn't him!
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Other actor's

Postby Uncle Nobby » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:32 am

I have just re-watched the On The Buses movie and I noticed a Steptoe actor in it.

When Stan goes to the London Transport testing facility for the Skid Pan test,
the inspector Mr Brooks is played by Peter Madden who also played the randy ex-copper in Live Now, PAYE later.
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Other actor's

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Uncle Nobby wrote:I have just re-watched the On The Buses movie and I noticed a Steptoe actor in it.

When Stan goes to the London Transport testing facility for the Skid Pan test,
the inspector Mr Brooks is played by Peter Madden who also played the randy ex-copper in Live Now, PAYE later.


That would be the Hammer production filmed in North Wales Pontins namely the third installment of the classic On the Buses franchise "Holiday on the Buses "(1973) featuring old twinkle toes Wilfrid Brambell. Oh I do love those films and series. :P

Yeah, so many actors are familiar who have been in Steptoe and other 60s & 70s sitcoms in the On the Buses films. It's like a who's who.

Trivia: Did you know Welsh actress Doris Hare's grandson was one on the kids on the bus in the scene in which Stan goes off piste through the country lanes and all get their ice creams in their faces. :D
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
User avatar
Ilovesteptoe
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: Other actor's

Postby Uncle Nobby » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:16 am

Ilovesteptoe wrote:
Uncle Nobby wrote:I have just re-watched the On The Buses movie and I noticed a Steptoe actor in it.

When Stan goes to the London Transport testing facility for the Skid Pan test,
the inspector Mr Brooks is played by Peter Madden who also played the randy ex-copper in Live Now, PAYE later.


That would be the Hammer production filmed in North Wales Pontins namely the third installment of the classic On the Buses franchise "Holiday on the Buses "(1973) featuring old twinkle toes Wilfrid Brambell. Oh I do love those films and series. :P

Yeah, so many actors are familiar who have been in Steptoe and other 60s & 70s sitcoms in the On the Buses films. It's like a who's who.

Trivia: Did you know Welsh actress Doris Hare's grandson was one on the kids on the bus in the scene in which Stan goes off piste through the country lanes and all get their ice creams in their faces. :D


Hello ILS.

No I said the On The Buses movie meaning the First one called On The Buses. :mrgreen:
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Other actor's

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Uncle Nobby wrote:
Ilovesteptoe wrote:
Uncle Nobby wrote:I have just re-watched the On The Buses movie and I noticed a Steptoe actor in it.

When Stan goes to the London Transport testing facility for the Skid Pan test,
the inspector Mr Brooks is played by Peter Madden who also played the randy ex-copper in Live Now, PAYE later.


That would be the Hammer production filmed in North Wales Pontins namely the third installment of the classic On the Buses franchise "Holiday on the Buses "(1973) featuring old twinkle toes Wilfrid Brambell. Oh I do love those films and series. :P

Yeah, so many actors are familiar who have been in Steptoe and other 60s & 70s sitcoms in the On the Buses films. It's like a who's who.

Trivia: Did you know Welsh actress Doris Hare's grandson was one on the kids on the bus in the scene in which Stan goes off piste through the country lanes and all get their ice creams in their faces. :D


Hello ILS.

No I said the On The Buses movie meaning the First one called On The Buses. :mrgreen:


Hello right back UN!

Oops, sorry. Thought you meant the one with Wilfrid when you said the actor in Steptoe. ( he hide his head beneath the pillow of shame) :shock:
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
User avatar
Ilovesteptoe
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Previous

Return to The knobs are on my side

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

 

 

Testing