Re: Steptoe+Son errors

Postby harryfaversham » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Would it have been as good without the gaffs? I think not
"I've never had an x-ray"

"Yes you have! Two years ago when the 'orse kicked you in the cobblers!"
harryfaversham

Postby PhilGlass » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm

They stopped making it. That was the biggest gaffe of all!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby bob » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 pm

If you are focusing on the Gaffs - you are missing everything.

This show broke the mould - of course not everthing was perfect but compared to its peers it is like trying to compare 3D, 5.1 HD quality TV with Rado (i love radio by the way)

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Aint focusing on gaffs...gotta admit they are funny tho :)
A reminder of how much graft went into every episode, warts 'n' all.
Surprised I hadn't noticed this one before...in The Piano, Harold says "I will lift it, you roll the carpet back" (19:57). There's a large art (art? can't make out what it is!) piece on the wall framed in glass and in the reflection one of the stage hands, a bloke wearing a white shirt, is clearly seen picking something up.
Camera cables maybe? A tea break sausage roll he dropped? Wilfrid's good teeth? :shock:
Also, at the end of the first crimbo special Albert & Harold are pulling a cracker, the camera pulls back and the microphone is briefly revealed above them.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Uncle Nobby » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:01 pm

steptoe and son scrap wrote:steptoe and son movie errors 1st film
When Albert visits Harland butchers, the lady in the hat jumps forward in her queue position between exterior and interior shots.
When Harold tells his dad that Hercules The Second ran away at Acton Park, Albert's pigeon-chewing varies from shot-to-shot.
2nd film
Baby Albert is wearing a blue babygrow when he's carried across the yard by Harold. He's not wearing it when Harold enters the house with him, and he hasn't got it on when he's discovered in the barn by Albert and Harold in the first place.
During Steptoe and Son's night out watching the stripper, Albert's hair changes from ruffled to neatly combed and back to ruffled within a few frames.
The morning after the night out seeing the stripper, after Albert has slept in the stable, as he picks up the milk on the doorstep he has rough facial hair. When he takes the milk into the house he is clean shaven.

Errors Ha!

You've got the films mixed up for a start! Baby Albert is in the first film and the butchers is in the second film!
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby

Postby Uncle Nobby » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:33 am

Pilgrims Progress.

After getting deported from France Albert remarks that he'd never be able to visit Flanders again as they were both marked as illegal aliens in France.

However Flanders is also part of Belgium.

The Steptoe's could have flown to Brussels and then taken a train to the battlefields of French Flanders.

There wouldn't have been any border checks due to the Treaty of Rome which had already been signed.
The treaty allowed free travel between France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Germany.
Uncle Nobby

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:32 am

Uncle Nobby wrote:The Steptoe's could have flown to Brussels...

Albert can't go back there, the police are still looking for him! :shock:
After he turned the little boy's water pressure on full and knocked the mayor's hat off :o.
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Uncle Nobby » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Dirty Old Yank wrote:
Uncle Nobby wrote:The Steptoe's could have flown to Brussels...

Albert can't go back there, the police are still looking for him! :shock:
After he turned the little boy's water pressure on full and knocked the mayor's hat off :o.

Good point there DOY!

Well then could he could have flown to Amsterdam and got the train through :mrgreen:
Uncle Nobby

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:31 pm

An error or oversight that jumps out at me was the Xmas 74 finale, episode 56 "A Christmas Holiday." In that classic much lamented episode we find out after Harold needs Albert's birth certificate to get a new passport to go to Switzerland for their Christmas holiday.

It's then revealed after he wades through tons of quality street tins under the stairs finds his no 9 bus and school cap that Albert's been keeping an embarrassing secret all these years from Harold. After finding the tobacco tin containing the documents he notices written under his father's name read "father unknown" even though through throughout the series Albert told many a tale of him involving his father. In fact, many times his father was mentioned by other characters in previous episodes. It's then revealed that it was indeed Albert's mother who founded the business even though Harold in all those years of being in the business was never told by the others Totters good & bad of this information either on the round, at the Nags Head during a booze up, or down the Derby & Joan club?
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Postby Uncle Nobby » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:23 am

Ilovesteptoe wrote:An error or oversight that jumps out at me was the Xmas 74 finale, episode 56 "A Christmas Holiday." In that classic much lamented episode we find out after Harold needs Albert's birth certificate to get a new passport to go to Switzerland for their Christmas holiday.

It's then revealed after he wades through tons of quality street tins under the stairs finds his no 9 bus and school cap that Albert's been keeping an embarrassing secret all these years from Harold. After finding the tobacco tin containing the documents he notices written under his father's name read "father unknown" even though through throughout the series Albert told many a tale of him involving his father. In fact, many times his father was mentioned by other characters in previous episodes. It's then revealed that it was indeed Albert's mother who founded the business even though Harold in all those years of being in the business was never told by the others Totters good & bad of this information either on the round, at the Nags Head during a booze up, or down the Derby & Joan club?

Hello ILS.

I think you mean the Skinners Arms!
Uncle Nobby

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Uncle Nobby wrote:
Ilovesteptoe wrote:An error or oversight that jumps out at me was the Xmas 74 finale, episode 56 "A Christmas Holiday." In that classic much lamented episode we find out after Harold needs Albert's birth certificate to get a new passport to go to Switzerland for their Christmas holiday.

Hello ILS.

I think you mean the Skinners Arms!

Hello UN.

Oh flip, yes, you're right. I couldn't remember the name and that one came into my mind? Damn, of course it's the Nags Head being the local boozer, the Darby and Joan Club is where Albert goes of a night to pick up a bit of wrinkle. Doh, silly me. This Thread should be renamed ILS errors. :P

Ilovesteptoe

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:27 pm

Ilovesteptoe wrote:...the Nags Head

I seen that movie...Marlon Brando was in it......The Godfather!
Or was it Carry On Henry VIII.....I can't remember now :o.
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Uncle Nobby » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:10 pm

No it was On the Waterfront with Harry H Corbett.

"Charlie, I did it for you Charlie! I could have been a contender Charlie!"
Uncle Nobby

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Uncle Nobby wrote:No it was On the Waterfront with Harry H Corbett.

"Charlie, I did it for you Charlie! I could have been a contender Charlie!"

Indeed so, and coincidentally connected to the subject matter. Wasn't Harry H referred by the media as the English Marlon Brando in his early days acting. 8)

Ilovesteptoe

Postby Ivor Biggun » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:08 am

steptoe and son scrap wrote:some from the episodes
As can be glimpsed through the sets' slatted back, particularly during the battle for control, the Steptoe's TV is an empty shell with no innards or screen.
At the close Harold tips a jug of orange juice over Albert. This dislodges the cotton wool plaster on Wilfrid Brambell's forehead, making clear there is no cut or contusion added by the Make-Up department underneath

You have to remember those old CRT televisions were heavy and the BBC props department would have used that television on many shows before replacing it, some of which may have even been filmed on the same day and moving a real TV from studio to studio, possibly several times in one day, would have been murder on the prop men's backs.
I thought we'd nick a wreath off one of the graves as we went in.
Ivor Biggun

PreviousNext

Return to The knobs are on my side