Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Is that your Horse Outside? does`nt work!

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the Radio series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Is that your Horse Outside? does`nt work!

Postby BLAKESCREWE » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:30 pm

As a Radio ep because it`s so visual on TV, the bike following the cart scenes, the cold weather, Albert spending all day in the Resturant etc and more so as Patricia HaInes does`nt appear in the radio version either, this is one of my fav TV eps but for me just does`nt work on the radio sorry!
any comments?
Last edited by BLAKESCREWE on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She`s twisted me out of a tanner!
BLAKESCREWE

Re: Is that your Horse Outside? does`nt work!

Postby Karl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Interesting comments BLAKESCREWE.
Peronally i think all the radio shows work,the later ones are better as G & S got involved in the adaptation,Gale Pedrick done earlier ones which maybe wern't as good.Some of the shows didn't make it to radio of course as they simply wouldn't have worked.
"Pot black" & "Divided we stand" are the two i think.Listening to snooker balls "clicking" for half an hour wouldn't be entertaining would it? "Divided" was totally visual too............
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby bob » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:13 pm

I like the way they occasionally let the radio shows add another level to the comedy. Harry and the Vicar play the church scene in ...and Afterwards At, completely different from the TV version. But it is hilarious.
bob
Site Admin

Postby BLAKESCREWE » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:24 pm

I like the extra scene at the beginning of the radio version of A STAR IS BORN with the Jimmy Young radio show `dedication` from Harold to his father, it`s hilarious and is so much better than the opening of the TV Version. :lol:
She`s twisted me out of a tanner!
BLAKESCREWE

Return to Radio Series