Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

New User Account Deletion

Ask other forum member for help and advice on anything to do with Steptoe and Son

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

New User Account Deletion

Postby bob » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:53 am

I have started to delete a number of New User Accounts.

My assessment is that many of these “New Users” have no interest in Steptoe and Son whatsoever and are simply using the board and its genuine members to further their own commercial interests.

I will continue to delete such accounts in the future.

If I have deleted the account of anybody who was genuinely interested in Steptoe and wanted to become a regular contributor to the forum then please accept my sincere apologies. I will of course immediately reinstate your account. Please email me at info@albertandharold.co.uk .

If my assessment is correct then many of these new users will not even log into the board to read this message.

Once again thanks to our regular users for your patience and understanding.

Bob
bob
Site Admin

new user account deletion

Postby harold » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:15 pm

please do not delete me i love steptoe and son
harold

Postby Graham_S nli » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:58 pm

Harold,

You have nothing to worry about....

You are a true fan from your posts put here and as Bob says we would love to encourage more fans like yourself to contribute to the site....

Why not write a reviews for us as mine have a tendency of being a bit long winded and it would be nice to read an american's point of view of such a british subject type of comedy...

all the best
Graham
Graham_S nli

Well said Graham

Postby bob » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:59 am

Harold you are a valued member of the forum and I look forward to your postings.

The have been some others who are not really interested in Steptoe and could spoil the board for others
bob
Site Admin

new user account deletion

Postby harold » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:59 pm

thank you to all i enjoy your postings as well
harold

Postby Archie » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:34 pm

However ; should you ever consider leaving the Forum, we will have no choice but to send around Frankie Barrow and his lad's :evil:
Archie

Postby harold » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:50 pm

i will not leave the forum i enjoy it besides i am scared of the godfather of sheperds bush
harold

Postby PhilGlass » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:09 pm

That's a good idea. Too many good forums are ruined by spam or mainly people trying to sell things.

I am sure you can tell by what they write. I am a member of several forums of other subjects and see it often. They spoil it for the rest of us.

I hope I have caused no concern, but yu never know. I woulds assume you would say if I had lol.

Perhaps deleting some of the subjects that haven't been commented on for a long long time would be of an advantage to, but I don't know if webspace is an issue plese don't think I'm telling you how to run a website - you know far more than me!!

Keep up the good work, Bob, this is the best Steptoe site!!!

Phil
PhilGlass

Postby steve sheffield » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:02 pm

Don't send around Frankie Barrow, as already proven they're no match for the seven Steptorai!!!!! :lol:
steve sheffield

Postby Karl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:17 am

Good idea Bob,i'm also a member of a "goodnight Sweetheart" forum and admin on there has done the same.Certain people sign up with no interest in the forum at all,like you say these forums are for the fans...............keep up the good work and please don't delete my account! Lol :D :D
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi Karl

You are right. You will be amazed how many people have contacted me through here for a copy of Assorted Rags, as soon as they have found out they are not eligible they are never heard of from here again (and have never posted!).

But we are a vigilant bunch!!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby callous_little_bleeder » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:01 am

It has been known for some forums to enforce a rule that requests a member to contribute a number of posts (generally just a couple) within the first few months of registering to keep the account active. That way it weeds out the users who have no intent on joining the community.

As a moderator myself, I'd be willing to bet that over half of the members who have yet to contribute a single post have signed up and forgotten their password and/or the fact that they even registered anyway. This can be mildly irritating as it misleads the regulars who get excited when a new member joins.

Besides, fifty active is better than five hundred inactive.
callous_little_bleeder

Postby bob » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Couldn't agree more. I know some people come stay fro a short while and then go, but I can never understand why somebody joins and then never posts.

If you are one of those reading this, log on and say hello.
bob
Site Admin

Postby callous_little_bleeder » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:30 am

bob wrote:Couldn't agree more. I know some people come stay fro a short while and then go, but I can never understand why somebody joins and then never posts.

This is a bigger question than why the stars are in the sky.

People register and think it's a good idea, then they realise that 1. 'now that I've joined this forum, maybe I don't like it', 2. 'I like the subject but I'm a bit scared to jump in', 3. 'this forum is cool but I really cannot be arsed to post', 4. same as three but no one posts, 5. 'what was my password again?', and 6. 'oh crumbs, maybe I shouldn't drink so much!'

Who knows why people join and dont contribute. Gets on my tits as it does yours, my friend.

NOW TALK, PEOPLE! :D
callous_little_bleeder

Postby nunky » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Can't see the point of hunting out a forum on a specific subject, going to the effort of creating an account, and then not posting.
nunky

Next

Return to Help Please