Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Steptoe Jigsaw

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Steptoe Jigsaw

Postby Jamie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:04 pm

If anyone fancies a laugh...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1964-Vintage-TV-Show-STEPTOE-AND-SON-Jigsaw-Puzzle-COMPLETE-/371224823597?pt=UK_Toys_Jigsaws_RL&hash=item566eb9472d

The biggest puzzle is how anyone can hope to sell the item for such a price.
Jamie

Re: Steptoe Jigsaw

Postby Archie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Thats just sheer greed I was watching one a few weeks ago the starting price was £14, is sold for- I think £18. Sadly I missed the deadline to bid :(
I always look at the jigsaws in charity shops in the hope that I may find one.

A few months ago there was a Galton & Simpson Steptoe book with a starting price of £180 :shock: When the book came out a few years back I paid the full price £16 from Amazon. I saw one recently in the local secondhand book shop for £1. I was going to buy it but thought no I will leave it and perhaps it may introduce someone to the series.

The thing that winds me up is that these sellers are just out to make money, I doubt that any of them have ever watched an episode of the show :x
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Jamie wrote:If anyone fancies a laugh...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1964-Vintage-TV-Show-STEPTOE-AND-SON-Jigsaw-Puzzle-COMPLETE-/371224823597?pt=UK_Toys_Jigsaws_RL&hash=item566eb9472d

The biggest puzzle is how anyone can hope to sell the item for such a price.

A laugh is RIGHT! :shock: Laughing all the way to the bank. But who would buy that? Nice though it is...
"Aaarold... you should come round this side - her drawers have just dropped off!"
The late Mrs Steptoe

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:50 pm

Crikey, that's borderline cheeky with that price. Coincidentally the other day I missed out on one with it ending only at £5 on eBay. :?
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to Share your news