Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Christmas 1965

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Christmas 1965

Postby bob » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:03 pm

With many thanks to all those kind people who shared their copy of the Radio Times, the 1965 Christmas script is now on the website. Thew link is here ( including an obvious error) http://www.albertandharold.co.uk/Stepto ... s-1966.php
bob
Site Admin

Re: Christmas 1965

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Thanks Bob for putting that up, brilliant :o.
The cracker pulling photo is a Crimbo card right there!
Tell ye what though, tinned pudding* aint all that bad.
*But please don’t abbreviate it, liable to confuse folks this side of the pond :wink:.
A very Merry Solstice, everyone :).
Last edited by Dirty Old Yank on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby bob » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:42 pm

and a very merry crimbo to you !!
bob
Site Admin

Postby PhilGlass » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Amazing Bob.
This was actually filmed and broadcast as part of the 1963 xmas night with the stars. No known copies in existence, but thats where the photos come from. What we would give for a copy!!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby bob » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:34 am

I bet some bugger has got it Phil !!!!

I was contacted recently by a guy who was looking at buying some open reel tapes at auction. He said there was a Steptoe episode called "The Cobblers" - any ideas ?

Anybody ?
bob
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:12 pm

I've scanned the Steptoe & Son script from an original edition of the Radio Times from Christmas 1965.
Enjoy.
http://imgur.com/u43Os0F
http://imgur.com/bxhFHLf
http://imgur.com/XyaEZlT
Jamie

Postby PhilGlass » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:54 pm

bob wrote:I bet some bugger has got it Phil !!!!

I was contacted recently by a guy who was looking at buying some open reel tapes at auction. He said there was a Steptoe episode called "The Cobblers" - any ideas ?

Anybody ?

Absolutely no idea, but then there are so many. Ray and Alan's memory on the subject is not concise so there are things out there even they have forgotten about. Things have had different titles etc... There have been bits of information about other sketches, such as the one Ray and Alan talked about where Steptoe and Son were riding down the M1 on the horse and cart... they claimed this to be the "Scotch on the Rocks" sketch, but as this had been heard, it clearly isn't. I think this is most likely to be the Night of 100 Stars 1980 as that would have been recorded not long after. There was also a complete 1 minute version of the Kenco Ad made too, but we don't know if it was ever broadcast over 45 seconds. So much... perhaps if we had it all it would spoil the fun a little...

The one I am itching to see is when they appeared in a sketch on The Generation Game, as Steptoe and Son. Christmas special 1972 I believe. Maybe one day...
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Return to Share your news