Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

christmas greetings

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Re: christmas greetings

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Archie wrote:Love the card dude, Merry Christmas all Steptoe fans 8) :)

I do have fun doing stuff like that, and it's great that people like it - many thanks! :D
"Aaarold... you should come round this side - her drawers have just dropped off!"
The late Mrs Steptoe

Postby steptoe and son scrap » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:33 am

The late Mrs Steptoe wrote:A very Happy Christmas to everybody on here and all out there too! :D

And also, a peaceful and prosperous 2015.

how do you do the photos with the christmas hats and stuff
Albert Steptoe: 'Ere, that's a What the Butler Saw machine!

Harold Steptoe: Ah, you recognize it! Takes you back to your lecherous youth, does it?

You're worse than a fly 'round a cow's arsehole.
steptoe and son scrap

Postby bob » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:43 am

Merry Christmas to all.

This site will be 8 years onld in Februaty - can't beleive it !!
bob
Site Admin

Postby steptoe and son scrap » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:07 pm

steptoe and son scrap wrote:
The late Mrs Steptoe wrote:A very Happy Christmas to everybody on here and all out there too! :D

How do i add xmas hats to the pictures
Albert Steptoe: 'Ere, that's a What the Butler Saw machine!

Harold Steptoe: Ah, you recognize it! Takes you back to your lecherous youth, does it?

You're worse than a fly 'round a cow's arsehole.
steptoe and son scrap

Postby THE VICAR » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:36 pm

"merry Christmas and a happy new year to all Steptoe and son fans and lovers of good comedy everywhere :D
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:41 pm

steptoe and son scrap wrote:

Sorry I've not replied til now - I've been away with family over Christmas AND got a new laptop into the bargain! 8)

It's a bit late to be making more pics like this (obviously - and did I have a postcard type thing in mind? Anyway...) but there will be other occasions before 25/12/2015. :D It's great fun to be able to do these things and I just picked it up at my own speed - I can go overboard with these things, but it's all learning and I'm always discovering new stuff with it.

I've got (and use for some things) Photoshop, but it's quite a chore to learn how to do stuff with it and remember the processes and where all the settings are, so I use a couple of simpler programs - the good news is, these are totally free!

For those with a Windows machine, you'll almost certainly have Paint installed. It's useful for resizing photos and adding text and a few other things, but it's as basic as it gets. So, I discovered Photoscape and Picassa. Quick and easy to install; these can be found by Googling and I've heard so many recommend them - not just me. You can do a load more things with those (than just Paint) like add effects and overlay one pic on top of another; all sorts of goodies. One you've got some basics (I'm sure You Tube and elsewhere will have tutorials to get you started, but I just went ahead and dived in) then it's just a case of using one's imagination. I'm sorry if you know most of this - but I thought I'd say, just in case you didn't. There are different programs for Apple Mac users, but I can't advise there - having only used such machines for a short while and in a limited capacity.

The actual hats (and the beards and other bits) I found the images on the net. These are called PNG files and when you want to find them, you add that into the search terms. The thing about a PNG is that it doesn't have a white background to cover the surrounding area over (like the standard JPEG picture files do)... so in effect all you get is the object in view. These, you add onto the picture (I do it with Photoscape as I find it quickest that way) and juggle them about to fit, changing the shape and size if you wish.

Hope this is of some use and I know I've gone onto another topic here, at some length (apologies for this - and I'd be happy to have this in its separate thread, if one of the mods thinks it appropriate) but I do like to help out, if I possibly can.

Best Wishes

Ian.
"Aaarold... you should come round this side - her drawers have just dropped off!"
The late Mrs Steptoe

Postby harold » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:32 pm

merry Christmas to all Steptoe and son fan and a merry Christmas to the U.K
A TOTTER 4 EVER
harold

Postby bob » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:02 pm

and all the best to you Harlod . . . .
and all transatlantic totters !!!!

Peace and Happiness !!
bob
Site Admin

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:39 pm

A very Happy Solstice, everyone :o.
Love that scene, a gleeful Wilf looking like a plate of spare ribs. Must've been cold in BBC Centre that evening :shock:.
Having a Carry On marathon this Christmas. That none of the original Anglo Amalgamated Carry On's are available region 1 is more than a little frustrating, but...hey ho. Very grateful for what we’ve got, and the commentaries which of course are brilliant :).
AND if you’re looking for online laughs this holiday season (or anytime) check this out...
James Lilek's Gallery of Regrettable Food: http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html
A huge collection of shocking recipes with nightmarish photographs taken from cookbooks/pamphlets of the past...the sort you’ll only find mouldering in attics or gathering dust in charity shops...with hilarious observations courtesy the witty Mr. Lileks. I promise, you'll laugh out loud :o.
Or be sick, whichever comes first.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Previous

Return to Share your news