Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Joey Feek

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Joey Feek

Postby Archie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:36 pm

Joey from the country duo Joey and Rory has died of cancer, she was only 40.
RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzHpYyB_F3U
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Re: Joey Feek

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Wasn't familiar with the group Joey & Rory, or Joey Feek herself, but on listening to their music were very talented. Shame being so young too. 40yrs old? No age at all. :|
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Postby Ivor Biggun » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:44 am

I'd never heard of her either until a few weeks before she died and posts about her battle with cancer started appearing on my Facebook feed and I know it sounds hard of me to say this, but honestly, to me she was just one of millions of other nameless, faceless people who die every day in this world. If you let yourself get upset every time someone somewhere in the world dies, you'll spend your entire life as an emotional trainwreck. You have to learn to ignore most of them for the sake of your own sanity.
I thought we'd nick a wreath off one of the graves as we went in.
Ivor Biggun

Postby Archie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Ivor Biggun wrote:I'd never heard of her either until a few weeks before she died and posts about her battle with cancer started appearing on my Facebook feed and I know it sounds hard of me to say this, but honestly, to me she was just one of millions of other nameless, faceless people who die every day in this world. If you let yourself get upset every time someone somewhere in the world dies, you'll spend your entire life as an emotional trainwreck. You have to learn to ignore most of them for the sake of your own sanity.

Well thanks for that Ivor - a 40 year old woman dies from cancer, and you find it unimportant !.

F**k You I have contacted Bob and urged him to ban you.

Don't bother replying I will delete every post you make here !.
Archie

Postby Ivor Biggun » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Archie wrote:
Ivor Biggun wrote:I'd never heard of her either until a few weeks before she died and posts about her battle with cancer started appearing on my Facebook feed and I know it sounds hard of me to say this, but honestly, to me she was just one of millions of other nameless, faceless people who die every day in this world. If you let yourself get upset every time someone somewhere in the world dies, you'll spend your entire life as an emotional trainwreck. You have to learn to ignore most of them for the sake of your own sanity.

Well thanks for that Ivor - a 40 year old woman dies from cancer, and you find it unimportant !.

F**k You I have contacted Bob and urged him to ban you.

Don't bother replying I will delete every post you make here !.

Explain to me then, why it is important to you? Did you know her personally? How does it ACTUALLY affect you in any way? How do the millions of other people who die every day have any impact on your life at all?

She was a total stranger to me and I never heard of her before she died, so tell me, why SHOULD I care? If you can't even do that, then delting my posts is the action of a person with no logical argument to make.

I found out just last year that I had an uncle I never knew about who died when he was still an infant, decades before I was even born. My maternal grandfather also died years before I was born. I never knew either of them, so there is no hole in my life created by their absence. I never heard of Joey Feek and I still ahve never heard any of her music, so she didn't even have any entertainment value for me. How is somehow wrong of me to not feel anything for someone I never knew or had no direct impact on my life?

And be honest with yourself, now. If you happened to see a post about some singer or actor from Africa or South America that you never heard of before who died on your Facebook feed, would you be posting it here or would you ignore it? You're no different from me, then. The only difference is I have the nerve to say what you won't, but know is true.
I thought we'd nick a wreath off one of the graves as we went in.
Ivor Biggun

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Archie, I don’t wish to fan the flames but would add my RIP to the late Joey Feek, a music form you obviously enjoy as did your Dad, we haven't forgotten his fondness for Johnny Cash :). It’s always astonishing when people speak ill or callously of creative individuals that have passed on. One stares in awe, albeit for a split second, at the completely arbitrary post-facto nihilism that drives many wounded-greedy psyches, the stuff of Police Gazette.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Archie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:44 pm

Thanks for your kind words DOY and Ilovesteptoe, respect and compassion is what separates the civilised from the un civilised.

Yes I wept when I heard of Joeys passing as I wept when I heard that Farrah Fawcett had died. I wept when friends were killed in motorbike and car crashes, when a good friend a Scots Guard was killed in the Mt Tumbledown battle during the Falklands war.
When my father died 12 years ago I went to pieces for months.

I am not ashamed to admit it either !.

Initially I planed to delete the posts of the troll who caused such disrespect but I have put him on ignore, I'm sure other forum members can form their own opinions.
Archie

Return to RIP - In Memoriam