Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Galton & Simpson ltd ed signed Lithograph

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Galton & Simpson ltd ed signed Lithograph

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Wed May 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Been after one of these Galton & Simpson " The Bath" ltd ed no 163/950 lithographs for years. Was over the moon to win one off eBay a couple of days ago for £19.99 plus p&p. It's in mint condition and has been kept in it's original tube with cert since release. :P

Image Image
Last edited by Ilovesteptoe on Thu May 26, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: Galton & Simpson ltd ed signed Lithograph

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Thu May 26, 2016 10:58 am

That is so cool, congrats again, another brilliant find. I’ve wanted one ever since they were still available at Ray & Alan’s website. Could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly they were shipped in glass frames, not tubes, otherwise I would’ve got one back then! 20 quid, what a bargain. Having all those posters in the same frame must be troubling though, a weight on your conscience. Tell ye what ILS......I’ll share the burden and trade you that lithograph for these magic beans, I’ll even sort the p&p. You can’t beat that :o.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu May 26, 2016 11:38 am

Dirty Old Yank wrote:That is so cool, congrats again, another brilliant find. I’ve wanted one ever since they were still available at Ray & Alan’s website. Could be mistaken, but if I remember correctly they were shipped in glass frames, not tubes, otherwise I would’ve got one back then! 20 quid, what a bargain. Having all those posters in the same frame must be troubling though, a weight on your conscience. Tell ye what ILS......I’ll share the burden and trade you that lithograph for these magic beans, I’ll even sort the p&p. You can’t beat that :o.

Thanks DOY. Hey, always watching out for items me. Correct, they were indeed available as you mentioned in a presentation frame available on their website, but what I can remember is that those were priced a little more than ones rolled up in a basic tube like this one. The lithograph & cert came wrapped in a sheath gold tracing paper which had a large sticker which read " The Original Memorabilia Company ltd" , then in secured in a plain generic posting tube. The same company released a Hancock " The Blood Donor" lithograph too. Love to own that also. Hopefully will get this framed soon. Just bought a frame too, so hopefully I'll show a pic in all its glory soon. :)

P/S. I already have a beanstalk, golden egg laying Goose, oh and a talking magical harp lol, but coincidentally there is another Steptoe & Son lithograph for sale on eBay. Sadly not at the price I was lucky to win it at, but this is around £44.99. See link below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAY-GALTON-ALAN-SIMPSON-ORIGINALLY-SIGNED-LARGE-PRINT-UACC-RD-284-AFTAL-RD-36-/311209487444?hash=item487587ec54:g:VoUAAOSwaNBUhyV3

Ilovesteptoe

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu May 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Update: DOY, here's the website you mentioned. Did as usual a bit of detective work and found it. As you can see the unframed print costs £59.99 (post worldwide :wink: ), and ones framed will set you back a whopping £159.99 -£179.99. Phew! :shock:

Only difference is the cert pic. With the framed item the Galton & Simpson pic show them holding the framed item, the other the unframed print in its basic form. See link.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A7x9Une_5EZXj3wAj0R3Bwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBydWpobjZlBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2lyMgR2dGlkAw--/RV=2/RE=1464292671/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.originalmemorabilia.co.uk%2fthe-bath~102/RK=0/RS=5nGV3am6gVbdXP_ZuorK3cxNsto-

Ilovesteptoe

Postby Archie » Thu May 26, 2016 6:15 pm

When they came out my mother bought me one as a birthday present no 402 I think ?.
A local framer took £80 to frame it.
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu May 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Archie wrote:When they came out my mother bought me one as a birthday present no 402 I think ?.
A local framer took £80 to frame it.

Hi Archie. Hey cool to hear you have one too. The one I got is no'163. Regarding framing. Yeah framing it is another matter, but I was lucky to buy a budget frame yesterday for a very reasonable price. It's not an expensive £80 frame like yours but it's sufficient for the job I feel being 18x23 with perspex. So long as it protects that's all that matters. :)

Ilovesteptoe

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Fri May 27, 2016 10:59 am

I stand corrected, it was years ago so the memory is a little hazy. Once the signed editions were gone I didn’t see any reason to pursue it any further, but I now recall seeing a photo Archie posted of his lithograph, checking Ray & Alan’s site and thinking, “60 quid, that’s a lot o’ dosh.” I don’t recall seeing any suggestion of international shipping, that might’ve been a contributing factor but there again I could be mistaken.
Thanks ILS for all the info with links, will keep my eyes open :shock:.
Look a bit like Marty Feldman there :o.
Ilovesteptoe wrote:P/S. I already have a beanstalk...

FEE - FI - FO ....already got one? awwww. Everybody seems to have one these days, can’t give away these stoopid magic beans. Here, I’ll wager you don’t have classic joke-shop ephemera like Whoopie Cushion, Bag-O-Laffs or Rubber Vomit. Last offer, I’ll trade you that lithograph for these X-Ray Specs.
Fantastic band they were too 8).
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Fri May 27, 2016 6:32 pm

Dirty Old Yank wrote:I stand corrected, it was years ago so the memory is a little hazy. Once the signed editions were gone I didn’t see any reason to pursue it any further, but I now recall seeing a photo Archie posted of his lithograph, checking Ray & Alan’s site and thinking, “60 quid, that’s a lot o’ dosh.” I don’t recall seeing any suggestion of international shipping, that might’ve been a contributing factor but there again I could be mistaken.
Thanks ILS for all the info with links, will keep my eyes open :shock:.
Look a bit like Marty Feldman there :o.
Ilovesteptoe wrote:P/S. I already have a beanstalk...

FEE - FI - FO ....already got one? awwww. Everybody seems to have one these days, can’t give away these stoopid magic beans. Here, I’ll wager you don’t have classic joke-shop ephemera like Whoopie Cushion, Bag-O-Laffs or Rubber Vomit. Last offer, I’ll trade you that lithograph for these X-Ray Specs.
Fantastic band they were too 8).

Yeah, know what you mean about the cost DOY. Although saying that £59.99 unframed is better than £179.99 framed no matter how nice it's presented. But I agree shipping is another additional cost to the US. It's worth emailing either the eBay seller or the memorabilia site and asking if they post to the US and what would it cost. Can't hurt asking. :)

Re: X-ray specs for lithograph trade? Hmm... Really tempting that. If you added a Babe Ruth Chocolate Bar into the mix I'd consider it. Also, as one who likes a titter who love practical jokes once set my nan's bed on fire when she was sleeping as a small kid. Luckily she was incontinent and put out the blaze before she and the house went up in smoke. :roll:

Ilovesteptoe

Return to Share your news