Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

RIP Gene Wilder 1933 to 2016

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

RIP Gene Wilder 1933 to 2016

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:24 am

With sadness it's been announced that the great comedy actor Gene Wilder has died aged 83yrs on 28th August of Alzheimer's.

Born Jerome Silberman in 1933 his love for acting was evident. Jerome used the stage name Gene Wilder at the age of 26 after playwrights & novelists he admired namely one Thomas Wolfe's (1900-1937) character called Eugene Grant taken from the book "Look Homeward, Angel" and Thornton Wilder (1897-1975) surname, hence we have Gene Wilder. He featured in numerous films and guest starred in many TV series throughout his career. He collaborating with his fiend Mel Brooks & Richard Pryor in many hilarious films such as The Producers (1968) ,Young Frankenstein (1974), Blazing Saddles (1974), Silver Streak (1976) Stir Crazy (1980) & See no evil hear no evil (1989) but will be best remembered to all as the weird & wonderful Willy Wonka in the classic Roald Dahl Willy Wonker and the Chocolate factory (1971). RIP Gene. :|

Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: RIP Gene Wilder 1933 to 2016

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:55 am

Sad news indeed. The film industry (and not just “hollywood” either) has a well deserved reputation for having some very unpleasant people in it. But I don’t know of anybody in the business that ever had anything bad to say about Gene Wilder. Not just widely respected, but held with great affection by colleagues and audiences worldwide, you really couldn’t help but like the guy. Can’t ask more than that. One of Gene’s best, funniest and most touching performances is in a lesser known picture that fans are sure to enjoy, “The Frisco Kid” (1979). Very highly recommended despite the flaws that usually accompany a low budget production.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Re: RIP Gene Wilder 1933 to 2016

Postby Uncle Nobby » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:41 pm

RIP Gene Wilder!

A brilliant actor remembered for a Lot of roles - The Waco Kid.
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby

Return to RIP - In Memoriam