Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

RIP Roger Moore 1927-2017

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

RIP Roger Moore 1927-2017

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Tue May 23, 2017 2:34 pm

With sadness I must announce that the brilliant actor Roger Moore has died age 89. We will never forget his roles in the cult ITC TV series "Saint" as Simon Templar, the show "Persuaders" as Lord Brett Sinclair, and role as James Bond in 7 Bond films, among other films appearances of note . :|

Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: RIP Roger Moore 1927-2017

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Tue May 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Sad news. Despite Moore’s numerous 007 films...
It might be said his most notable role was as representative of Unicef (United Nations Children’s Fund).
Actresses that worked with Roger described him as courteous, compassionate and witty to a fault.
Good start that. Clear weather Roger, and smooth sailing.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Re: RIP Roger Moore 1927-2017

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Dirty Old Yank wrote:Sad news. Despite Moore’s numerous 007 films...
It might be said his most notable role was as representative of Unicef (United Nations Children’s Fund).
Actresses that worked with Roger described him as courteous, compassionate and witty to a fault.
Good start that. Clear weather Roger, and smooth sailing.

Thanks DOY for the nice words left regarding Roger Moore. You are absolutely right to mention he was also great humanitarian with his UNICEF support for healthcare and food to all the sick and war-torn children all around the world.

He also if you are not aware, helped his ex-wife Welsh jazz singer Dorothy Squires when she became ill paying all her cancer treatment medical bills and even her funeral too. She was a world renowned singer, who opened many doors for Moore, and he felt a duty bound seeing they were once husband and wife. Their relationship was a turbulent one akin to Burton & Taylor. She was an alcoholic, bit like Burton, and when her fortune disappeared became bankrupt, homeless at one point, only for a friend gave her a house to live in her old age until she developed cancer, he found out, and as said paid all her bills and funeral costs. He deserved all the accolades and plaudits. What a loss. Great man and a cultural icon. :|
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to RIP - In Memoriam