Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

RIP Anne Beach 1938 - 2017

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

RIP Anne Beach 1938 - 2017

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Only found out this today by accident. Sadly the Steptoe actress Anne Beach, famous for her role as Harold's fleeting but pregnant party acquaintance in the episode "Steptoe and Son – and Son!", died on the 17th March aged 78. With a long career in theatre, film and TV, she also was the mother of the late children's tv series Charlotte Coleman, who starred in 80s kids series, Educating Marmalade (1983) as Marmalade Atkins (deceased). Very sad. Belated RIP Anne. :|

Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: RIP Anne Beach 1938 - 2017

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:19 am

Sad news indeed. A favorite Steptoe episode, certainly one of the most touching.
Ann played a similar role in Rising Damp episode “That’s My Boy”. RADA scholarship at 16, like Harry she was a member of Joan Littlewood’s Theatre Workshop. She can also be seen in the first Subotsky/Rosenberg (Amicus) production, “City of the Dead” (1960, aka Horror Hotel) with Christopher Lee and Patricia Jessel.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Re: RIP Anne Beach 1938 - 2017

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi DOY. Yes, very sad news. I literally came across this news by accident after searching for some information regarding a film watched on TV the other day. Seen she starred in it, so decided later to do a net search about the film. Saw her name. So click on it, as you do, to see what she was up to these days, then sadly noticed she'd died in March. Coincidentally you mentioning the classic Rising Damp. What a great episode that was. It mirrored her role Steptoe. She also played their next door neighbour in series Fresh Fields in the 80s. What a great character actress she is and was. :(
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to RIP - In Memoriam