Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

missing doctor whos

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Re: missing doctor whos

Postby Ian0374 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Ilovesteptoe wrote:
Ian0374 wrote:I'm a bit confused.

I always thought that the ones that exist only as black and white video recordings were all from Galton and Simpson and the only telerecording is the first 15 mins of a winters tale ?.

The comments made by Paul initially indicated to myself that there has been a find but the only one not in this rumoured find was my old man's a Tory ?

Need to do a bit of reading up I guess :)

Edit - sorry just re-read my earlier post which was meant to get this posts point across.

I do really need to proof read before submitting !!

No worries, Yes some are Telerecordings made from the then presumed lost 1960s episodes and early seventies ones also IE: Pot Black, a Death in the family ect... and as we all know Steptoe started there colour recordings in 1970 so obviously the ones previously were in the cheaper B&W format used before Galton & Simpson took the leap of faith in the medium of colour. I think Paul as said was referring to that particular episode as it's was one taped on an early but expensive Shibaden video recorder which that cost the earth and he would like a much better master recording of that episode as the one that exists is very poor print and has suffered being transferred onto basic VT which deteriorates over time and like all video tape the quality suffers unlike film. :)

Yeah sorry got confused now realise my old mans a Tory was shot in black and white !

But still fingers crossed for Missing Believed Wiped :)
Ian0374

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Ian0374 wrote:
Ilovesteptoe wrote:
Ian0374 wrote:I'm a bit confused.

I always thought that the ones that exist only as black and white video recordings were all from Galton and Simpson and the only telerecording is the first 15 mins of a winters tale ?.

The comments made by Paul initially indicated to myself that there has been a find but the only one not in this rumoured find was my old man's a Tory ?

Need to do a bit of reading up I guess :)

Edit - sorry just re-read my earlier post which was meant to get this posts point across.

I do really need to proof read before submitting !!

No worries, Yes some are Telerecordings made from the then presumed lost 1960s episodes and early seventies ones also IE: Pot Black, a Death in the family ect... and as we all know Steptoe started there colour recordings in 1970 so obviously the ones previously were in the cheaper B&W format used before Galton & Simpson took the leap of faith in the medium of colour. I think Paul as said was referring to that particular episode as it's was one taped on an early but expensive Shibaden video recorder which that cost the earth and he would like a much better master recording of that episode as the one that exists is very poor print and has suffered being transferred onto basic VT which deteriorates over time and like all video tape the quality suffers unlike film. :)

Yeah sorry got confused now realise my old mans a Tory was shot in black and white !

But still fingers crossed for Missing Believed Wiped :)

Yeah we all do live in hope, Check out this Youtube video of some restoration of the B&W episodes recovered but damaged. It's amazing what can be done by mere fans using their own software who offer their time for free to restore these beloved episodes but are ignored by the BBC ( See comment by restorer Ade Greg).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTEodgsWDJs
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Postby Ian0374 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm hearing rumblings that the MBW documentary did mention the colour Steptoes were recovered !!!
Ian0374

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Ian0374 wrote:I'm hearing rumblings that the MBW documentary did mention the colour Steptoes were recovered !!!

If that is indeed true all my Christmases will have arrived together. I'd love to see episodes saved by Galton & Simpson which were recovered on their personal VT be found in their original state so we can all watch them as they were intended. 8)

Ilovesteptoe

Postby THE VICAR » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:32 pm

"lets hope so merry Christmas every one :D
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:14 pm

THE VICAR wrote:"lets hope so merry Christmas every one :D

It would be Christmas, new year , Easter and my birthday all wrapped in one if this were true. :P

Ilovesteptoe

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:24 pm

'Uniquely qualified beeb execs.'
Seem to recall reading about them, paleontology innit?
Anybody actually know which colour Steptoe's have been discovered?
Have we got a list? Anything documented yet?
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:07 am

Dirty Old Yank wrote:'Uniquely qualified beeb execs.'
Seem to recall reading about them, paleontology innit?
Anybody actually know which colour Steptoe's have been discovered?
Have we got a list? Anything documented yet?

They want to keep us on a knife's edge so to speak. I know thousands of canisters were found literally in Nigeria and there were rumoured ( Yes that word again) lost 60s ect... comedies found in amongst the 11 ( 9/11 were lost with two additional already recovered but better prints) and there's still items yet to be retrieved due to the obvious sticking point. Money! :roll:

Ilovesteptoe

Postby Ivor Biggun » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:12 am

I'd like to get my hands around the neck of the silly sod at the BBC who thought it would be a good idea to wipe and reuse the tapes of all the old shows. :evil:
I thought we'd nick a wreath off one of the graves as we went in.
Ivor Biggun

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:24 pm

Ivor Biggun wrote:I'd like to get my hands around the neck of the silly sod at the BBC who thought it would be a good idea to wipe and reuse the tapes of all the old shows. :evil:

They ( the BBC) done it to so many other shows be it Hancock's Half Hour to even more recent Rentaghost episodes which were binned in the early nineties. Tv vandalism, and we paid for these so-called professionals to do it. :roll:

Ilovesteptoe

Previous

Return to Share your news