Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

'The Curse of Steptoe' - BBC Radio 4's 'Front Row'

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

'The Curse of Steptoe' - BBC Radio 4's 'Front Row'

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am

This week’s edition ( Friday 14/3/08 ) of BBC Radio 4's ‘Front Row’, had a shortish section on the forthcoming drama season on BBC Four; ‘The Curse of Comedy’, and 'The Curse of Steptoe' obviously had a mention... and which went into the reasons for the content/slant of each of the four dramas. Sounds to me, as indeed I already knew, that these dramas will be focusing on the not so funny sides of all those concerned/involved/featured, that we care and love so dearly...

So..., anyone looking to have a laugh, during the broadcast of any of these dramas, will be waiting a long time, and thus be highly disappointed... As this (these) will be, quite literally, a behind the scenes look, at the lives of all those involved...

For me, the mystique of how things are done/seen, from the other side of the camera, may well disappear forever - once witnessed, from this other perspective. So, before you watch, make sure you are ready, for what’s to come... as all those illusions you had/have, may be banished in an instant, and you’ll start to look at things, you once very much enjoyed, quite differently – even if you don’t really end up, believing any of it...!

Those that have RealPlayer installed can follow the link, below, to 'listen again':
(why they don’t allow this service through Windows Media Player, I’ll never know, as we all have this on our systems, by default)
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Return to Share your news